Network Church Sheffield is one church in 3 different local bases across Sheffield. St Thomas’ Philadelphia is one of those. The others are King’s Centre and City:Base. Each reflects our diverse Anglican, Baptist and House Church heritage, and each draws people from all across Sheffield and South Yorkshire.
Our 3 bases are worship and resource centres for a large number of people. They facilitate our members towards lives focused ‘UP’ to God in worship and prayer, ‘IN’ to each other in community, and ‘OUT’ to the whole city of Sheffield through lives of love and service. As well as Sunday and centralised gatherings, many of our people belong in missional communities across the city, which are generally groups of between 6-30 people who find they have a similar heart or calling in life, perhaps to love and serve a particular neighbourhood or people group within our city.
Network Church Sheffield shares a common vision: ‘Calling our city back to God’. We share staff teams and resources, and frequently meet together. We believe God has called us to be united as one church in many locations and expressions, and that we’ll achieve much more together.
Network Church Sheffield is led by...
|Rev Canon Paul Maconochie||Rich Robinson||John Lovell|
The Church Bases...
Our basic discipleship principles are described by Lifeshapes (An introduction to Lifeshapes is given by the book Building a Discipleship Culture, by Mike Breen and Steve Cockram.)
We are called to:
- Build community around our homes, fostering an ethos of mutual care, friendship and support in our local neighbourhoods.
- Support our schools and community centres, working with children and youth to promote positive values and behaviour, as well as an understanding of the Christian faith.
- Invest in students and young adults, working to raise up the next generation to become men and women who will impact our nation for good.
- Build relationships in our places of work which allow high productivity with strong teams of colleagues, while also deepening friendships and support.
- Work with the poor and the marginalised, including addicts and sex workers. We have a number of members choosing to live in some of the more deprived areas of the city in order to live in community with those people.
- Invest time, money and effort into the city of Sheffield to help regeneration and growth.
- Tell people the Good news that God loves them and encourage those who are interested to join us in following Jesus.
All of these fit within our overall vision to ‘call our city back to God.’